When a generator is connected to a wi-fi network with good signal strength, firmware updates should occur automatically, without the need for manual execution. However, if there is a desire to monitor the Firmware update process through a wi-fi download, this is possible through the EDIT menu on the controller. This does apply only to WIFI onboard WIFI units with Evolution 2.0 controllers. In some cases our customer support team can also send a command out to the generator to force the update.
To manually execute a firmware update through a Wi-Fi connection:
- Before you start, ensure that the generator is connected to Wi-Fi. You can verify this by ensuring "WIFI" is listed in the bottom right corner of the Main controller menu.
- After ensuring connectivity is present, from the main controller menu, choose SUB MENUS
- Then from the new menu choose EDIT
- Finally, Scroll through the menu until you finally reach FIRMWARE UPDATE and then press ENTER
- The Next Prompt should indicate UPDATE FROM: WIFI on screen. Press ENTER.
- The screen will then display the generator's signal strength
NOTE: Signal strength Less then 40% may cause issues in successful download of firmware updates. In the case of download issues occurring, please consider adding a wi-fi signal extender to improve signal strength.
NOTE: If Wi-Fi is not available, the generator is not connected to wi-fi or signal strength is insufficient to complete a successful download, the generator can be update via USB by using the arrow keys to choose USB in this menu rather than WIFI. A USB Drive with the current version of firmware will be needed to complete a USB update.
- Press ENTER to continue
- The controller will then prompt UPDATE FROM SERVER CONTINUE? Press ENTER to start the update.
- The controller will then check for Wi-Fi and then check the server to determine if an update is available. If both are successful, the update will begin
NOTE: If the generator is already on the latest version of firmware available, the controller will indicate that it is up to date and display the current version of the firmware.