Whether the customer has decided to change communication devices, or the existing device has failed for one reason or another when the device is replaced, FLEET must be updated. If FLEET is not updated to know the new device information, both FLEET and the customer Mobile Link account will fail to update with the generator status information. Conveniently, FLEET has a feature that will allow a dealer to update the device information on file.
To replace a Mobile Link device in FLEET:
- Open a web browser and go to FLEET.MobileLinkGen.com.
- Click on the Subscriptions option at the top of the screen.
- Locate the account in the subscriptions grid, that requires the replacement device and click Details.
- Click the Replace Device button on the left side of the screen
- Select the new device type that was recently installed from the New Device Type drop-down box. The options are Wi-Fi, LTE and Wi-Fi/Ethernet.
Note: Wi-Fi refers to the wi-Fi devices that are installed during manufacture on many newer air-cooled generators. Wi-Fi/Ethernet refers to the Mobile Link Wi-Fi/Ethernet Accessory device.
- Provide the Mobile Link Device Identifier information and the SSID (for Wi-fi devices) or the Generator Time Zone information (for LTE and Wi-Fi/Ethernet devices), then click Submit Replacement.
- The Mobile Link device has been successfully updated in FLEET and Mobile Link.
Please sign in to leave a comment.