According to Generac Power Systems' cellular provider, Verizon Wireless, December 2022 will be the end of life for All Verizon-covered CDMA cellular Services. This means, as of December 2022, all Mobile Link Cellular CDMA accessory devices will cease to function (if the consumer is operating on a 3rd party tower it is possible service may be turned off sooner than expected). As a result, It is imperative as a dealer to understand how to swap a CDMA device with the new 4G LTE device. Below the process of replacing the physical device and updating it in FLEET is explained.
For the replacement of the physical device, the new device uses the same wiring harness. For specific replacement steps please refer to page 11 of the Mobile Link 4G/LTE Installation and User Manual. Because the existing wiring harness and installation hardware can be reused, as discounted Mobile Link Cellular 4G LTE - Replacement Accessory is listed in dealer connection for $249.99 MSRP (Dealer Discounts apply). The specific part number for this replacement device is G0072020.
Only after a CDMA device has been replaced, can it be updated in FLEET. Device replacement processes will not succeed unless the new device is installed and communicating
To replace a CDMA device in FLEET:
- Begin from the Generator Status dashboard.
- Click the Upgrade CDMA tab in the top right
3. This will now bring you to your CDMA transition page
Note: The expiration date information that is shown refers to the consumer's existing CDMA Mobile Link Subscription. If a device is replaced using the replace function, the existing subscription period will be transitioned to the new device and imported into FLEET.
4. Locate the CDMA device/generator you would like to swap out, then click the Replace button.
Note: If a customer account is not appearing in this dashboard, request that the customer add the Dealer number associated with this FLEET account in the "preferred dealer" or "my dealer" section of their Mobile Link account. Customer Support can also assist in adding the dealer number to the customer account.
5. The CDMA Subscription Details page appears.
6. Scroll down to the Device Swap section
7. Select the device time to use as a replacement from the New Device Type drop-down box.
8. Provide the Mobile Link Device Identifier and the Generator Time Zone information, then Click Submit replacement.
9. The CDMA Device has been successfully replaced.
Please sign in to leave a comment.