*Gen needs to have LTE, WIFI or Ethernet WIFI device to do this*
When setting up a connected generator, it is crucial that Time Zone information is correct and accurate to ensure that events that occur on a generator are reported and executed at the correct time of day. FLEET makes it easy to check and correct time zone information when needed.
To set or update a generator's time zone setting:
- Begin from the Generator Status dashboard.
- Locate the generator for which the generator value information is required.
- Click the Details button located n the right side of the screen.
- The Generator Details page appears
- Scroll down to the generator information tabs section and select the Maintenance tab.
- The Maintenance section is displayed.
- The current Exercise Schedule is displayed on the right side of the screen. This includes Day, Time, and interval information.
- To update or change the set exercise schedule, click the Manage button.
Note: The above applies to most Residential Generator models. Industrial generator models may appear differently, with information correlating more closely to those model generators.
- The exercise schedule setting modal appears
- Time zone information is displayed and can be configured with the Generator Time Zone drop-down box.
Note: The above applies to most Residential Generator models. Some generator models may appear differently when time zone options are restricted on those model generators.
- Click Save to set the updated settings. A confirmation message will be displayed
- The Time Zone information has been successfully updated.
Note: The ability to update the time zone on a generator relies on the generator's ability to receive a remote command with instructions to update. If communication issues are present, and successful delivery of the command cannot be performed, the time zone in FLEET may appear to "revert" to a previous setting. This is an indication that the command was unsuccessful. The time zone was not updated.