In some cases, it may be required for a dealer to change the name of the generator that displays in FLEET and in the customer account, due to typos or perhaps customer requests. Because of this, FLEET has added the ability for this to be easily updated or changed through the FLEET interface.
Note: This is for same homeowner scenarios ONLY.
New Homeowner please reference the article below for assistance: https://fleetsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411096276237-How-to-update-the-homeowner-for-a-generator-on-Fleet-.
To update or change a Generator Name in FLEET:
- Begin from the Generator Status dashboard.
- Locate the generator for which the generator name should be updated or changed.
- Click the Details button located n the right side of the screen.
- The Generator Details page appears
- Click on the icon located next to the generator name
- The Edit Generator Name modal will appear:
Enter the desired New Generator Name, the Save button will become enabled:
- Click Save to commit your changes, and a success message will be presented:
- The updated name is reflected in the Generator Information tab:
- The generator name has now been successfully updated