Houses are selling at a high rate and new owners are moving in! Most of the time the new owners want to continue dealer-managed services, but how is that handled in FLEET?
It is important to first understand that individual Fleet and Mobile Link subscriptions are linked to an established End User License Agreement for that service and that agreement states the product is non-transferable. As a result, services must be disconnected and removed from one homeowner and a new service must be established for the new homeowner. This includes any free or promotional licensing that may become available.
Please review sections 9 and 10 of this link: https://cdn.mbl.link/documents/ml-license-agreement.pdf
NOTE: In order to complete the process, you must have available licenses in FLEET for WIFI or LTE device types. If you are using participating in a promotional period, a promotion can only be used once in the lifetime of the generator. No credits will be given for time remaining when a new homeowner is introduced.
NOTE: DO NOT CHANGE THE ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION IN FLEET for a new homeowner. This will overwrite the previous owners' Mobile Link account which should remain available for that homeowner to use at their next home or generator purchase.
To change a homeowner in FLEET.
- Before taking action in FLEET, email proof of owner change to email@example.com. This will ensure the registration for the generator is updated.
- In fleet, From the generator Status Dashboard, locate the generator that requires updating, then click the DETAILS Button located on the right side of the page.
- The Generator Details page will appear.
- Scroll down and select the SUBSCRIPTION tab
- The generator's subscription information will appear. Click the REMOVE GENERATOR button
- A confirmation popup will appear, indicating if the subscription will be credited (Credits only apply if the subscription is within 45 days of the original application). Select the CUSTOMER NO LONGER OWNS GENERATOR option.
Note: This will remove the generator from FLEET, and the Mobile Link account for the previous owner. If the option CUSTOMER NO LONGER OWNS GENERATOR is not selected, it will not be possible to re-enroll the generator with new information.
Note: ONLY choose the CUSTOMER NO LONGER OWNS GENERATOR option when the former homeowner no longer owns the generator, as choosing this option will prevent that customer's email from being enrolled to the same generator in the future. As a result, this option should only be used when a former homeowner no longer wants access to that generator.
- If Nessacary, check the I acknowledge that the customer... checkbox
- Click Confirm.
- Once you get confirmation from Warranty that the registration has been updated, the generator can be re-enrolled into FLEET, normally, with the new homeowner information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.