In some cases, specific issues can be corrected simply by restarting the generator's controller. Restarting the controller will force the generator to resend an important message that can help in correcting some issues.
To execute a controller restart on a generator:
- On the generator's controller, press the Off button to prevent the generator from starting during this process
- On the generator's controller, press the Escape button.
- Use the arrow keys to select the SUB MENUS option, then press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to select the DEALER option, then press Enter.
NOTE: Access to the Dealer menu will require the dealer access code to be provided before selecting the item. Contact a Generac Service representative for more information about this access code.
- Use the arrow keys to select the DEALER-EDIT option, then press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to select the GO TO WIZARD option, then press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to select the YES? option, then press Enter.
- The controller will take 10-15 seconds to restart. Upon completion of the restart, you will be prompted for a language selection. Choose a language.
NOTE: Controller restarts happen in seconds and should have no effect on the generator's current status or ability to function.
- The generator will then automatically reconnect to the home Wi-Fi network. Once connected it will confirm on screen. Press Enter to proceed through the remaining prompts.
- REMEMBER: Return the Generator to AUTO.
NOTE: In some cases, it is possible for Generac personnel to remotely execute a controller restart when requested. Please contact a Service Representative to request if this is possible for the generator in question.